Mr Paul Weir was elected to the Board of Directors on 11 November 2020 and is a supplier Director from the Central Region.
Paul is a fourth generation dairy farmer. Along with partner Sharon and four boys, Paul has dairy farmed at Tuncester just outside Lismore for the last 27 years. Starting in partnership with his father Ron, then buying him out 12 years ago and then buying the neighbouring farm, Paul and his family now milk 340-380 cows.
Paul has extensive industry and leadership experience, including:
- 7 years on the NSW Farmers Association Dairy Committee.
- 8 years as a Farmer member on Dairy Connect (current).
- 6 years as Director on Subtropical Dairy Board (currently Deputy Chair).
- 12 years coordinator of the Cows Create Careers program (current).
- Completed the Developing Dairy Leaders Program 2014.
- Completed a Diploma of Agriculture.
Whilst on these boards, Paul has served in different roles from chair of education committee, to finance and audit committees and has been a vocal advocate for the dairy industry for 17 years.
With his industry experience and commercial business management skills, Paul is intent on adding value to business decisions around the Norco Board table. Paul is always available for a chat, as communication is absolutely paramount.