Elke was elected to the Board of Directors on 9 November 2016 as a supplier Director from the Northern Region.
Elke and her husband Peter have milked 250 - 300 cows for the last 24 years at Conondale in Queensland. Elke and Peter have four young adult children with interest in the farm with one working full-time for them. The family moved their milk supply to Norco in July 2014 and Elke feels privileged to be part of a co-operative culture again and strongly believes in, and shares, Norco’s co-operative values.
Elke’s qualifications include:
- Currently studying a business management degree (part time).
- Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Justice of the Peace.
Elke’s experience includes:
- Marketing and post harvest Manager on large horticulture enterprise.
- Part of Human Resource team with staff of over 100.
- Accounting skills (distinction in Accounting). 25 years experience financial management.
- Chairman of Camberwell Manor Body Corporate.
- Understand cultural differences. Extensive foreign exposure and international travel. Bilingual (fluent in German). Assisted at international trade fair – Hong Kong.
- Business law studies and experience with commercial litigation.
- Past QDO director. Current QDO - Wide Bay Division councillor and secretary.
- Three years on executive of MRCCC (Community NRM group).
- 15 years director experience on private companies.
- Manage off farm residential and commercial investment portfolio.
- Manage own self managed superannuation fund.
- State Ministerial Advisory Committee for Agricultural Education member 2013-2015.
As a newly elected Director, Elke is determined to work for all farmer members and supports a strong and stable Board with diverse skills that will sustain dairy farming in the subtropical region. Elke brings her experience, stability and skills to Norco and will devote the time necessary to contribute as an effective Board member.