Norco is a 100% Australian, Farmer Owned Dairy Co-Operative and has been producing quality dairy products for over 120 years. Since 1895, every product and breakthrough has been powered by generations of employees who are inspired to make a real difference. We offer a friendly work environment and the opportunity to work with household brand names Australian families’ have come to know and trust.
Reporting to the Strategic Procurement Manager this role will be engaged & responsible for developing and driving diverse packaging projects across multiple categories and manufacturing sites within the Norco Food Group.
This position is full time for a fixed term of six months initially, with the potential to extend to permanent.
Key Duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify opportunities to develop cost reduction activities within the Norco business
- Engaging with Internal and external stakeholders in Identifying “fit for purpose” packaging solutions and opportunities .
- Managing and delivering packaging technical activities for new product development, renovations, packaging innovations, productivity and sustainability initiatives
- Ensuring technical feasibility and successful implementation of packaging projects
- Keeping records, generating reports and updates relating to the development through to successful execution of projects
- Developing project timelines for packaging initiatives / activities, communicating risks and mitigation plans
- Stakeholder engagement - Marketing, Sales, Operations , NPD team, Procurement, Quality and Suppliers
- The successful applicant will have a Tertiary qualification in Food and/or Packaging.
- Must have at least 5 years' experience in packaging development in either Dairy, Beverage or FMCG industry with a brand owner and/or with packaging suppliers.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically, operate cross-functionally and influence with confidence at a senior level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management, planning and organisational skills.
- An ability to display a high level of initiative is essential for this role.
Experience in working with the following materials would be preferred;
- Blow Moulded
- Rigid plastics
- Paperboard & Folding Cartons
- Corrugated Cartons
- Pressure Sensitive Labels
Written applications detailing your work experience, qualifications and addressing each of the selection criteria are required by Tue Feb 4th 2020 to:
Jobs @ Norco, PO Box 486, Lismore, NSW 2480, or
(Norco is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer)